IMHO an overview

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
IMHO an overview

Post by Xjmt » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:51 am

These thoughts occured to me while watching TV last night. They are NOT absolutes just my take on some TV shows I managed to catch up with.

While TRU CALLING was mystical it was generic in its presentation but GHOST WHISPERER & ARCADIA lay on the religiosity a bit thick for my tastes. In fact GHOST WHISPERER milked just about every scene of any and all emotion the writers could contrive. They make HALLMARK presentations look like "R" rated war movies. :dozy: :roll:

GREAT FALLS was another that approched the mystical with generic and humorous undertow. If you see anyone's god in those stories then it's your view and not the writers pushing you there.

FARSCAPE & FIREFLY SciFi with strong character development and loads of humor. Both very enjoyable. OTOH I caught up with THRESHOLD last night and while I really like Spiner, Dutton and (especially) Ms Carla Gugino and the rest of the cast I feel the writing isn't up to snuff. I just don't get the character connection I do with FIREFLY for only one example. Besides the one episode we watched we looked at one another part way through and said, "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" meets "Night of The Living Dead". IOW Braga still can't write a stand alone script. He is obviously still in a "CUT & PASTE" mode. Although I must admit that he does an excellent job at putting me to sleep. :snore:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:06 am

I've never watched any of those, but by the sounds of it, I don't want to eather. :D
(btw, just so you know, I don't even watch the news on tv.)
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Ilana
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Ilana » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:55 am

I watched the first ep of GHOST WHISPERER, and besides being a cloying tear-jerker (I admit it), I couldn't stop thinking there's JLHewitt trying to furrow her brow a little. Her husband has nothing to do but give her kisses, which is nice, but I'd have another look at my contract if I were he. Anyhow, I decided not to watch anymore 'cause in a weird way the whole thing gave me the creeps.
Ilana
So long and thanks for all the fish

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:47 am

I don't even watch the news on tv
Actually if you really want to find out the story behind the headlines computers are the best way to go. It's much easier to bounce one version of a story off another version. Somewhere in between should lie the truth. :lol: