Biblical Creationism

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Rstegman
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Biblical Creationism

Post by Rstegman » Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:49 am

Biblical Creationism

The question is whether intelligent design, based on the printed word of the bible, called Biblical Creationism, can provide scientific proof that could defend it as a theory.
If it is a viable theory, it has to match all existing data better than existing theories, suggest what new data might be found, and never be shown wrong by any new data.
In most discussions I've had over the Creation Versus Evolution, has involved the Creationist pointing to old data and old, even disproved, explanations used in Evolution. They ignore explanations based on the newest findings. When you pin them down with details, they shift their arguments to another perceived flaw. These, of course, are not with scientists or those on the cutting edge of knowledge.
I have never heard anywhere, something scientific in the defense of Biblical Creationism. That well could be caused by those I listen to, rather than the actual official presentations.

They say that Evolution is a theory. There are dozens of theories of Evolution. The theory of Evolution has never been proved. The theory of Evolution cannot be proved.
Biblical Creationism is a theory. There are dozens of theories of Biblical Creationism. Biblical Creationism has never been proved. The theory of Biblical Creationism can never be proved.
I wish to make a point right now.
Gravity is a theory. There are dozens of theories of Gravity. The theory of Gravity has never been proved! The theory of Gravity cannot be proved.

That is not what this line of notes are about, though. I intend in this and other notes of this string to try to prove Biblical Creationism, providing possible explanations of how it would work, how it fits the evidence, and then suggest scientific tests that can be done to possibly provide evidence of the theory.

We shall see if I can accomplish this effectively.

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:29 am

There was a Star Trek: TNG episode in which the Federation, Klingons, and Cardassians (unless I got the wrong species there?) discovered that all their genes were made by some aliens from 4-5 billion years ago. Ergo, aliens dunnit. Q.E.D. Case clos-ed. :D

Also there was that episode in which Reggie "devolved" into a half spider. That one must've proved something, though durned if I know what. :lol:
(Note- spiders are not in the lineage that led to mammals.)

Henry

Btw, :: Antievolution.org Discussion Board has readers from both sides of the evol vs. cre debate. Er, argument. Er, disagreement. Er, shouting match.

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:07 am

Btw, :: Antievolution.org Discussion Board has readers from both sides of the evol vs. cre debate. Er, argument. Er, disagreement. Er, shouting match.
No thank you. I have enough stomach problems as it is. :truce:

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:54 am

:lol:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:17 am

Move over, Darwin. Stand aside, Intelligent Design.

The idea that a Flying Spaghetti Monster created the world is demanding equal time in Kansas biology classrooms.

In his corner are three moderate state school board members and a prominent Topeka attorney. They say this concept makes about as much sense as proposed science standards, favored by the board's religious conservative majority, that encourage schools to criticize evolution while they teach it.

Bobby Henderson of Corvallis, Ore., created the tongue-in-cheek deity and an accompanying mythology on the origin of mankind to satirize the Kansas Board of Education's ongoing flap over evolutionary theory.

Since June, when the spaghetti monster made his Internet debut, the parody religion has grown into a full-fledged Internet phenomenon.

Henderson said his Web site -- http://www.venganza.org -- has had 19 million visits, including 4 million in two days last week.

A search for "Flying Spaghetti Monster" on the Google search engine turns up 96,000 hits. Yahoo offers 171,000 Web pages on the topic.

"It's amazing how big FSM has gotten," Henderson said.

Moderate board members report they've received hundreds of e-mails as a result of Henderson's effort and that his Web site has become a focal point for discontent with recent board moves to alter Kansas' teaching standards.

Although invisible, the spaghetti monster is generally depicted as a giant wad of pasta with two eyestalks flanked by a pair of meatballs.

Spaghetti monsterism, or "pastafarianism," boasts a cosmology as bizarre as its deity.

According to its creed, the monster created the world starting with a mountain, trees and a midget, and continues to guide human affairs with his "noodly appendage." Heaven is depicted as having a stripper factory and a beer volcano.

True pastafarians are expected to dress in pirate regalia, in keeping with their founder's discovery of a statistical correlation between global warming and the decline in the number of pirates since the 1800s.

The craze has spawned mugs and shirts. One, headed "Kansas Museum of Science," depicts a stick-figure caveman riding a dinosaur over the caption "5,000 years ago, man conquered the huge beasts who roamed the lands."

<snip>

... a growing segment is advocating "intelligent falling," a creation of The Onion, a satirical newspaper.

Intelligent falling spoofs Intelligent Design by contending that gravity is an unproved theory and students should be taught the possibility that objects fall because a higher being is pushing them down.
See this page for the full article.

And see the miracle sandwich at eBay.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:27 am

Re ""It's amazing how big FSM has gotten," Henderson said. "

Probably all those meatballs.

Re "students should be taught the possibility that objects fall because a higher being is pushing them down."

Well, that's better than a lower being pushing (pulling?) everything down, right? (Alternate theory: things fall because the Earth sucks.)

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:41 am

:roll: and they say FAITH is hard to understand. :huh:

A Fool does not delight in understanding,
but only in revealing his own mind.

Proverbs 18:2
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:28 am

Re "and they say FAITH is hard to understand"

Yeah, Buffy probably said that a lot. ;)

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:34 pm

Actually, there are signs all over the place being found that actually Prove the Bible.

One such find was right here in California not too long ago. While highway workers were digging down a hill to widen a freeway, (I believe it was highway 46 east of Interstate 5) they found a complete skeleton of a whale. It was approximately 130 miles inland from the ocean.

Has anyone ever figured out how that boat got on top of that mountain in Russia?? (the one they think is the ark)
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:08 am

trucker2000 wrote:Actually, there are signs all over the place being found that actually Prove the Bible.

One such find was right here in California not too long ago. While highway workers were digging down a hill to widen a freeway, (I believe it was highway 46 east of Interstate 5) they found a complete skeleton of a whale. It was approximately 130 miles inland from the ocean.

Has anyone ever figured out how that boat got on top of that mountain in Russia?? (the one they think is the ark)
Yeah. But it couldn't have happened in less than 6,000 years as some claim. :truce:

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:09 am

Henry J wrote:Re "and they say FAITH is hard to understand"

Yeah, Buffy probably said that a lot. ;)
I thought Buffy said, "Beer good!" :cool:

Sounds religious enough for me. :truce:

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:56 am

I found shell fossils and basaltic flow on the rim of the Grand Canyon. That's because millions of years ago, it was volcanically active sea floor.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:48 am

"FOAMY!"
"Good. Just as long as that's settled."

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:55 am

Henry J wrote:"FOAMY!"
"Good. Just as long as that's settled."