Biblical Creationism-3

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

Rstegman
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher
Biblical Creationism-3

Post by Rstegman » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:51 am

Biblical Creationism-3

Based on discussion, trying to explain the dinosaurs in the various layers of rocks has always been tough. The "best" explanation is that during the deluvian flood, all the layers of the earth were overturned, no longer in original order. This is used to say "evidence before the deluvian flood is meaningless." I will accept that as the foundation of this discussion.
I will accept that all geological history starts at the end of the deluvian flood.
My evidence for Biblical Creationism and my tests for Biblical Creationism will be based on what might be expected after the deluvian flood.

Waters from somewhere, sometimes said to come up from within the earth, enveloped the lands and topped the mountains. As this happened, the lands folded and bent. Dead animals and plants were caught within and between the geologic layers, creating the fossil evidence we are now uncovering. There are a lot of questions this brings up, and I could logic out an explanation, but wont.

Noah gathered animals for his ark and loaded them inside. To the best of the information I ran across, he took two of the unclean animals, and seven of the clean, and marched them onto the ark two by two.

from
http://skepdic.com/noahsark.html

Noah's ark*

Noah's ark is the boat built by the Biblical character Noah. At the command of God, according to the story, Noah was to build a boat that could accommodate his extended family, about 50,000 species of animals, and about one million species of insects. The craft had to be constructed to endure a divinely planned universal flood aimed at destroying every other person and animal on earth (except, I suppose, those animals whose habitat is liquid). This was no problem, according to Dr. Max D. Younce, who says by his calculations from Genesis 6:15 that the ark was 450 feet long, 75 feet wide and 45 feet deep. He says this is equivalent to "522 standard stock cars or 8 freight trains of 65 cars each." By some divine calculation he figures that all the insect species and the worms could fit in 21 box cars. He could be right, though Dr. Younce does not address the issue of how the big boxcar filled with its cargo rose with the rainwater level instead of staying put beneath the floodwaters.
-------

A more logical solution comes from within the text. Noah took two of each KIND of animal.
In biology, we have classifications of order, family, species, and subspecies. The 50,000 species of animals in the above text would be unnecessary. If, we went by the FAMILY of animals to represent KIND, we would then have the job easier to handle. A mouse, could represent all rodents. A deer, any species, could represent all deer species, One could have the smallest member of each family of animals to take along.
If one uses this scenario, one suddenly has enough room for food and fuel for over a hundred days. One is no longer testing the technology of the time as to load capability and normal construction.
It would still be a lot of animals, but not beyond imagination.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:05 am

So a pair of mice then begets all rodents how?

Evolution, perhaps? :)
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:18 am

Why didn't somebody swat the two mosquitos? ;)

One thing I recall reading though, is that Earth simply isn't big enough to house all the species that would have to have been living at the same time if all of them lived during those 2000 years before the alleged flood. And that point is independent of the order in which the fossils are found.

Oh, and never mind that pair of mice - what about all the bacteria species that are around now? ;)

Henry

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:04 pm

brian wrote:So a pair of mice then begets all rodents how?

Evolution, perhaps? :)
:rotfl: :rock: