RIP Wilson Pickett

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin
RIP Wilson Pickett

Post by brian » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:35 pm

NEW YORK - Wilson Pickett, the soul pioneer best known for the fiery hits "Mustang Sally" and "In The Midnight Hour," died of a heart attack Thursday in a Reston, Va., hospital, according to his management company. He was 64.

Chris Tuthill of the management company Talent Source said Pickett had been suffering from health problems for the past year. Pickett lived in Ashburn, Va.

"He did his part. It was a great ride, a great trip, I loved him and I'm sure he was well-loved, and I just hope that he's given his props," Michael Wilson Pickett, the singer's son, told WRC-TV in Washington after his death.

Pickett -- known as "the Wicked Wilson Pickett" -- became a star with his soulful hits in the 1960s. "In the Midnight Hour" made the top 25 on the Billboard pop charts in 1965 and "Mustang Sally" did the same the following year.

<more...>
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:34 pm

The shame is that we forget these people until we see an obit. :mope:

Pickett was a very bright light of his era. The song titles alone conjure music and words on my brain. If everything I ever tried to study had been set to music..........I might just be smarter. :-D