From my home to yours

This is for General chit chat and such.
If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, it goes here. Knock yerself out.

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Nov 30, 2004 1:01 pm

trucker2000 wrote:
lswot wrote::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey....I visited with Mickey, et al, too!!!!
Over this holliday?? :shock:
I didn't see anyone that looked like you there tho. (and I know I saw each and every person.) :rotfl: several times
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Well......there were 5 adults and 4 kids.....one in a double baby carriage.
That make it easier? :lol: :lol:
:beamup: lswot
eccl 2:13

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."
......Thomas Jefferson......

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Wed Dec 01, 2004 12:04 pm

Yeah, my daughter was with Mickey, too. Except on Friday. Her band marched in the parade there. Meanwhile, back at the ranch... we were still with the white stuff...
Bev Image

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:23 pm

lswot wrote:
trucker2000 wrote:
lswot wrote::rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hey....I visited with Mickey, et al, too!!!!
Over this holliday?? :shock:
I didn't see anyone that looked like you there tho. (and I know I saw each and every person.) :rotfl: several times
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Well......there were 5 adults and 4 kids.....one in a double baby carriage.
That make it easier? :lol: :lol:
Was that double sideways or forwards??

Bev, That band was fantastic. Unfortunately, I ran out of film b4 the band marched. :(

Ok, uploaded a couple of pics to the gallery.
I told my wife, since I have no clue what you all look like, (eccept for your avatars) We could have stood in line together, even talked, and not known who each other was. :D
You can teach an old dog new tricks. :D
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:01 pm

Was that double sideways or forwards??
Forwards
I told my wife, since I have no clue what you all look like, (eccept for your avatars) We could have stood in line together, even talked, and not known who each other was.
Well.....to be honest.....we were all there the 23rd. So.....don't know when you were there. We didn't really watch the parade....saw one of the units on our way to Smallworld. We did see the fireworks SUPER! and got SNOW. :shock: It was a LONG day......we got there around 10am and left around 10pm! But, we did have a great time. My Sister gave me an Annual Pass!!!!!!! So.....anyone going....let me know and I'll meet you there! :lol:

"A Government big enough to give you every thing you want, is big enough to take away every thing you have."

Xjmt
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Xjmt » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:26 pm

I wasn't there. Gee, maybe that's why I didn't see anybody. :scratchhead:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 6:59 pm

Well, we were there friday and saterday. :(
Oh well, next time I'll let people know. (This was the first time I've been there since I was 8. Hope it won't be that long again.)
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:45 am

trucker2000 wrote:Well, we were there friday and saterday. :(
Oh well, next time I'll let people know. (This was the first time I've been there since I was 8. Hope it won't be that long again.)
Ah, well.....that explains it, then. :smile:

Gosh.....not since you were 8! A lot has changed since then! As Mr. Disney said......Disneyland will never be finished. They are always making changes, adding things.....following Mr. Disney's orders!

See ya next time!

BevH
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by BevH » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:18 pm

trucker2000 wrote:Bev, That band was fantastic. Unfortunately, I ran out of film b4 the band marched. :(
Thanks! I think they're pretty fantastic, too. Of course, I may be just a tad prejudiced. :D
Bev Image

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:27 pm

I went to the Magic Kingdom here in Orlando last Saturday. My reason for going was that a new attraction, "Stitch's Great Escape", opened last week, in place of "Extra-terror-estrial Alien Encounter" (which itself took the place of "Mission to Mars" some years back). Those of you familiar with "Alien Encounter" need not make a special trip to see "Stitch's Great Escape". It's 85% the same attraction. They've just replaced the scary winged alien with a cute furry one, and the theme of the attraction shifted from X-S Technology trying to sell you a transporter to the Galactic Federation using a transporter to put naughty aliens in prison until they turn nice. Same escape mechanism, same breathing down your neck and pressing on your shoulders effects. The best part of it is how at the end of the show, they use their tracking computer to pinpoint Stitch's location, and they zeroed right in on Orlando. Then they asked the kids to leave the attraction and keep their eyes peeled for Stitch. :)

But the main reason I went is that I saw on the Friday morning news that Cinderella's Castle had been toilet papered as a promotion for the new attraction's grand opening (Stitch being of the naughty persuasion, you know). Great giant streamers of TP were flying from the ramparts, and "hand-painted" on the side of the castle in enormous red letters, "Stitch is King". :lol:

So I show up on Saturday, and the castle is already cleaned up (and freshly painted, from the look of it). The reason is that they were taping the Christmas parade for the ABC Christmas morning special. I always knew they taped the parade in advance, in case of inclement weather on the day of the broadcast. What I didn't know was that they had the whole cast & crew there for the taping. I got to watch Regis and Kelly sitting on their dais with the castle in the background giving play-by-play, and Tom Bergeron, who is the host of America's Funniest Home Videos and Hollywood Squares, and played alien trader D'Marr in Enterprise's "Oasis", was down on Main Street talking with parade watchers. They sent through one float at a time for taping, so the whole thing must have taken hours! The funny thing was, it was very cloudy on Saturday. I wonder how they'll fix that, maybe give George Lucas a call. They did have intensely bright lights shining on the parade route, so if they didn't catch the sky you'd think it was sunny.

After seeing Regis and Kelly there, it makes me wonder if they ever really show the parade live on 12/25. I can't imagine they'd fly them in to do all this taping, then make them come in again on the 25th, separating them from their families, to do it again live. And it's not like they need the money.

A bit of Disney trivia... The parade always starts around Town Square and heads up Main Street toward the castle, then off through Frontierland and out past Splash Mountain. But when they're taping it for broadcast, it runs in reverse. That's so the castle can be in the background as the parade is coming toward the camera down Main Street.
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Mon Dec 06, 2004 3:08 pm

I haven't been to Disney World. I doubt they ever show the parade Live anyway. It would have made for a great day tho watching the proceedings.
Sometimes.
Forum Host

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Tue Dec 07, 2004 11:13 am

trucker2000 wrote:I haven't been to Disney World. I doubt they ever show the parade Live anyway. It would have made for a great day tho watching the proceedings.
Albeit L O N G!

brian
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by brian » Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:55 pm

Thought I'd share some photos from last weekend's foray into the Kingdom that is Magic. Here's the giant Stitch balloon at the Transportation and Ticket Center:

The outside of the new attraction, and a topiary Stitch:

As you can see from these, it was quite overcast that day. Here's Tom Bergeron doing his crowd thing for the parade taping:

Regis and Kelly on the dais:

And from the back, Kelly having added a scarf to her wardrobe:

Now we all have to watch the parade and figure out if it's real or Memorex! :smile:
"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

lswot
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by lswot » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:45 pm

I'll say.....memorex. :smile:

Gosh.....and this STITCH character doesn't scare the kiddies? I've seen kids cry and run away from Mickey. :smile:

trucker2000
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by trucker2000 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:04 am

Stitch wasn't at Disneyland. :(

Lswot, no. Kids love stitch. He is a character. :lol:
Sometimes.
Forum Host

Henry J
Tv Watcher
Tv Watcher

Post by Henry J » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:36 am

Re "figure out if it's real or Memorex!"
Only its hairdresser knows for sure... ;)